High Rise Security Systems, HRSS, is a leading provider of commercial fire alarm systems in and around Chicago, IL, with more than 30 years of experience and an unrivaled passion for protecting lives and property. Commercial fire alarm systems are one of the most important components of commercial buildings and property, protecting the lives of residents, employees and the public.
Commercial Fire Alarm Company
High-Rise Security Systems focuses on protecting commercial properties with comprehensive fire alarm system services, UL listed fire alarm equipment and decades of technical expertise. We partner with building owners, managers and contractors from the beginning to provide a commercial fire alarm system design that meets your unique needs for protection and complies with all state, federal and local code regulations. HRSS understands the various needs of commercial and industrial properties, helping commercial companies and businesses in various industries such as healthcare, hospitality, and education to feel confident in their fire, life and safety system.
HRSS goes far above and beyond code compliance, however, in delivering a fire, life and safety system with your current and future needs in mind.
Commercial Building Fire Alarm System Design
HRSS offers AutoCAD commercial building fire alarm system design services from our NICET certified staff experienced in fire alarm system design and code compliance. Our certified technical staff generates 2D models showing accurate placement of all components related to your industrial needs and code compliance. We also identify locations for access points, fire rated doors and features such as elevator recall, automatic unlocking of doors and HVAC control to prevent spreading toxic gases and fumes.
Our commercial fire safety system design ensures compliance to all fire safety regulations including National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), International Building Code (IBC) and American with Disabilities Act (ADA). We also possess in-depth technical knowledge of the Chicago Building Code, which incorporates much of NFPA 72 and the 2018 IBC.
Our detailed fire alarm design includes placement of all equipment and components such as commercial fire alarm panels, initiating devices, notification devices, fire extinguishers and auxiliary options such as elevator recall. In addition to working closely with building contractors and electrical engineers, we have experience compiling all necessary data sheets to obtain approval from the local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Commercial Fire Alarm Equipment: Proprietary vs. Non-proprietary
Choosing the best fire alarm equipment for your property is a critical decision that requires careful consideration of many aspects such as the type of building, the type of business operating out of the building, property location, current and future needs. It is important to know the difference between proprietary and non-proprietary fire alarm systems prior to choosing the right system for your property. With the proprietary fire alarm system, all equipment will only work with equipment from that vendor. You are basically tying yourself into a long-term relationship with one particular fire alarm equipment manufacturer.
With a nonproprietary fire alarm system which is what HRSS provides, you are free to choose the best equipment with the most advanced technology available to suit your needs. This gives you a greater latitude of freedom for future expansions, upgrades and repairs without experiencing any disruption in service. A nonproprietary fire alarm system also allows you to upgrade equipment in stages which can lessen the financial burden compared to replacing proprietary equipment at once.
Commercial Fire Alarm System Equipment and Components
HRSS offers only UL listed commercial fire alarm system equipment from the most respected fire alarm system manufacturers in the industry. Our fire alarm system products include high-quality components such as annunciators, notification equipment, control panels, power supplies, emergency command centers and more. Choose from the most respected fire alarm manufacturers such as Notifier by Honeywell, Fire-Lite Alarms by Honeywell, System Sensor, Vingtor-Stentofon, Wheelock and other reputable names in fire detection technology.
We consult with you to help you evaluate the various systems and technology to determine the best fire alarm system for your property. Our UL Listed fire alarm system equipment includes:
- Commercial fire alarm control panels (FACP) – this is the controlling component of your commercial fire alarm system and may also supply electrical energy to associated initiating devices such as smoke detectors and notification equipment. We offer a wide selection of high quality fire alarm control panels such as Fire-Lite Addressable Fire Alarm Control Panels, NOTIFIER® NFW-50X FireWarden Control Panels, NOTIFIER® ONYX Series, Intelligent Control Panels and more.
- Initiating Devices: Smoke, Heat and Gas Detection – proper placement of all initiating devices is critical to achieving adequate early warning to an emergency. We offer intelligent initiating devices such as the Fire-Lite Addressable smoke detector or NOTIFIER® Photoelectric smoke detectors, carbon monoxide (CO2) and heat detectors.
- Notification Devices – audible and visual alerts let occupants know that an emergency exists. Strobe lights provide a visual alert and are required in public areas, hallways, restrooms, lobbies and even in some employee work areas. Audible alerts include EVAC, emergency voice alarm communications, which provide voice activated procedures to safely evacuate occupants.
- Auxiliary fire alarm options – Smoke, gas and heat detection sensors can be placed within HVAC ducts to trigger automatic fan shut-off to prevent spreading toxic smoke or gas. Initiating devices can also trigger things like elevator recall or the release of overhead doors to contain smoke or secure safe evacuation.
- Fire extinguishers – Fire extinguishers are often the first line of defense, it is important to have them serviced regularly for safety and code compliance. HRSS provides fire extinguisher service for all types of extinguishers rated for Class A, B, C, D, and K fires.
HRSS offers quality, UL listed commercial fire alarm equipment and components and full service to ensure your system is working properly.
Commercial Fire Alarm System Services
HRSS provides comprehensive fire alarm system services as your full service provider, with an unparalleled commitment to protecting you and your property in cases of emergency. Our commercial fire, life and safety system services include:
- Fire safety consultation
- Fire alarm equipment
- Fire alarm system design
- Fire extinguisher service
- System inspections, testing, maintenance and repairs
- Monitoring 24/7/365
All commercial fire alarm systems require routine inspections and testing to ensure uninterrupted protection with a properly working system and components. HRSS provides fire alarm inspections, testing, maintenance and repair from field trained, NICET certified technicians. We are familiar with all types of fire detection systems and equipment, offering reliable maintenance and repair for any commercial fire alarm system.
We combine 30+ years of experience, vast expertise in system design and in-depth knowledge of all fire and safety code regulations to help you choose the best fire and life safety system for you. We protect all types of properties including low-rise, high-rise, college campuses, sprawling medical facilities and some of Chicago’s most unique structures.
High Rise Security Systems is recognized as a leading provider of fire, life, and safety systems to commercial properties in and around Chicago. We design and help you choose the right fire, life and safety system equipment to provide the best value, total protection and complete code compliance. Contact us to protect what matters most with quality, reliable commercial fire alarm systems.