The National Electrical Code (NEC) is the standard by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), as detailed in NFPA 70. NFPA 70 covers the safe installation of electrical equipment and wiring performed in the United States. While the NFPA publishes standards for fire and safety procedures and equipment, the standards issued by this private organization are not federal law but rather adopted standards by states and municipalities.
The National Electrical Code is adopted in all 50 U.S. states and is the current benchmark for safety in electrical inspection, installation and design. The Scope of NEC, NFPA 70 includes:
- A) Installation and removal of electrical equipment, communications and signaling conductors, fiber optic cables and raceways as applied to the following:
- Private and public properties, structures, buildings, recreational vehicles (RVs), mobile homes and floating buildings
- Lots, parking lots, carnivals, industrial substations and yards
- Installations of electricity to warehouses, garages, office buildings and other property
- B) NFPA 70 does not cover:
- Electrical installations in watercrafts other that floating buildings, ships, aircraft, automobiles or ships
- Underground installations such as in mines
- Communications equipment
HRSS Offers Complete Code Compliance to NFPA Standards
High Rise Security Systems is a leading fire and life safety consulting firm, offering fire alarm and life safety system design, inspection, maintenance, repairs, monitoring and UL listed fire alarm equipment. We offer skilled fire alarm system design experts with expertise in NFPA standards and all local, state and federal regulations. HRSS provides data sheets and all necessary documentation for approval from your local authority having jurisdiction (AHJ).
HRSS has over 30 years of experience in fire and safety system integration to commercial buildings in many industries such as healthcare, education and hospitality. We provide code compliant system design for low rise structures, high-rise buildings, campuses and mass complexes.
HRSS is regarded as an authority on fire alarm safety and code compliance. We work closely with building owners and electrical contractors to provide the best fire and safety system for your commercial property. Contact us to learn more about fire alarm safety, code compliance and NEC NFPA 7