When looking for professional, licensed fire extinguisher suppliers it is important to know their experience level with the various types of fire extinguishers. Portable extinguishers provide critical protection against a fire before it turns into a destructive blaze, although the right type of fire extinguisher must be available and ready to use when needed. All types of fire extinguishers are a critical part of any fire and safety system and are required to be properly installed and maintained in all commercial properties.
Be sure that your fire extinguisher supplier is familiar with all applicable National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and regulations. NFPA10 is the standard which provides guidance and regulations on the installation and use of portable fire extinguishers. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) of the U.S. Department of Labor also enforces the proper inspections and installation requirements for portable fire extinguishers.
Services of Experienced Fire Extinguisher Suppliers
Fire extinguisher suppliers must be licensed in their state to perform the required inspections and testing of the various types of fire extinguishers. Make sure that your fire and safety company is experienced in all types of extinguishing agents including:
- Dry chemical extinguishers – most common type used on class A, B or C fires
- Carbon dioxide fire extinguishers – rated for class B or C fires, outlined in NFPA12
- Dry powder – for use on class D fires
- Wet chemical – designed for class K kitchen fires with hot oil or grease, outlined in NFPA17A
Experienced fire extinguisher suppliers will have experience and working knowledge of these various types of fire extinguishing systems and the code requirements related to each type.
High Rise Security Systems is a Leading Fire Extinguisher Supplier
High Rise Security Systems is a leading fire extinguisher supplier in the Chicago area, licensed in the State of Illinois and experienced with all types of extinguishing agents. We ensure that your property is code compliant to all NFPA and OSHA fire safety regulations, as well as International Building Code (IBC) requirements and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations.
We ensure that your fire and safety system meets all local, state and federal guidelines with thorough fire extinguisher inspections and testing. Our detailed portable extinguisher inspection checklist includes:
- Proper location including easy accessibility and mounted properly
- Safety pin must be undamaged and still in place
- Visual inspection for no corrosion or rust
- Pressure gauge must show a fully pressurized unit with the gauge pointed to the green area and not recharge
- Discharge hose and nozzle should be in good working order and free from cracks
- Handle and lever should be free of dust, debris and move freely
- Checking of manufacture date for additional 6-year or 12- year testing
- Hydrostatic testing when required
- Recording of services on proper certification ID tags
HRSS is an experienced fire and safety company in Chicago, offering fire alarm system design, inspections, testing, maintenance, repair and monitoring 24/7/365. We work with building owners and electrical contractors to design and maintain code compliant, life saving fire protection systems. Our technicians are field trained, knowledgeable and experienced with all types of fire alarm systems and various fire extinguishing agents.
High Rise Security Systems offers experienced fire and safety system services, including fire extinguisher inspections, testing and maintenance. We provide total code compliance which saves lives and property. Contact us today to learn more about our comprehensive services as one of the leading fire extinguisher suppliers in Chicago.