Effective fire detection systems are the most important element of a large commercial building. Properly placed fire, smoke and gas detection and alarm systems will save lives and minimize damage to the premises and the assets within. To ensure the proper type and location of these devices, collaboration in the design process with experienced, certified fire and safety experts is critical.
Initial Design Process
In the early stages of the design of a new or retrofitted building, an expert fire safety company like High Rise Security Systems (HRSS) in Chicago will utilize their CAD (computer-aided design) techniques to replicate the entire building to create the ideal fire emergency strategies. Whether working with a high-rise residential construction, a sprawling healthcare facility or a large university building, experts calculate the number and placement of fire and smoke detectors, audibles, visuals, and fire suppression monitoring devices to achieve the most responsive system possible.
Several types of auxiliary equipment may be added that also may be used as part of an integrated security system. These include area of rescue, nurse call, and door entry systems.
Evacuation strategies must be clearly defined in the building’s design. With CAD-capability, various scenarios can be developed to test the capability for rapid evacuation from any point in the building. And, of course, local codes and other requirements will be met during the process.
NOTIFIER™️ by Honeywell Equipment
HRSS is a licensed distributor of NOTIFIER detection and alarms systems. A highly diverse company, Honeywell has been the industry leader in the field of fire safety for over a century. Their broad range of detection and alarm systems address every emergency need.
- An Integrated network brings together all security and fire detection systems into a unified, easily managed and monitored system. From a single control location, all fire, smoke and gas emergencies, security breaches or other potentially dangerous situations may be monitored. Evacuation or other security commands can be transmitted throughout the building to ensure the safety of the occupants. External emergency support such as fire and police departments will be alerted.
- Fire Alarm Control Panels come with advance smoke sensing capability and rapid response times.
- Advanced Fire, Smoke and Gas Sensing Devices
- Notification Appliances should be included to alert occupants and give instructions during evacuation.
- Auxiliary Power Suppliers and Rechargers